At the end of last year my husband and I went to the dentist for a ruitine check-up. My work was going to change insurance companies, so I wanted to take advantage of that insuance before the changed happened.
Flash forward 7 months. Apparently, when I filled out the paperwork to put my hubby on my dental, we didn't check a specific box stating he was suppose to be put on my dental. They refused to pay for him. YET...they had been taking my money all the while. How unethical is that?
"Oh, we will take your money, but we will ignore your calls and give your nice and friendly HR lady the run around."
I feel guilty for bothering her so much, but what am I to do?
Today. I decided to finally dive into my medical bills from my short/horrible pregnancy. So far it exceeds over a thousand bucks. OVER A THOUSAND DOLLARS?! I don't know, I do realize that everything happens for a reason. I guess I just hate the fact that I was sick for so long, owe so much money...with no baby in return for it all. I now have the stress to make all of these payments and worry that I'm going to be sent to collections if I forget one. That cannot happen because I am planning on buying a house...which was suppose to be for my family that I don't even have yet.
John is such a comfort. When I complain, He says "I'm sorry, but I'm glad that I still have you"
I have the best husband in the world.
I think I'll go home to my puppy now and play with her.
Merry Christmas 2025
9 months ago
3 comments:
Oh Shannon-can I just say I hear ya? I don't have quite the bills as you do but I am just nodding my head to all your other comments. I hate getting the bills and knowing that I will have to go through all the initial pregnancy fun again. Like my blog says oh the joys of womanhood!
I feel your pain girl! I'm still getting bills from my crazy pregnancy -and Austin is 20 months old now! (his bills before insurance were over $400,000) I can't believe it. One thing I learned is just to take one bill and one day at a time. Also, give the company a call who is billing you and ask for a payment arrangment. Tell them what you can afford to pay each month and they will work with ya. Good luck dude! Love ya-
Shannon~
Sweety I feel your pain! My yucky HG pregnancy cost well over 30 grand and We paid a few thousand out of pocket. Since I was on disability from work we had zero money and hospitals hounding us for payment and I didn't even know if the baby would live. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with all of this. I agree with Amy 100%, take it one bill at a time, make payment arrangements and tell them x dollars per month is all i can afford. In most cases they will work with you. You will get your baby sweety and if you ever have to go through HG hell again, please try and remember that i've been there and i'll be there for you the whole way through! (even if that means keeping a cold rag on your head and cleaning up throw up :) )
~Chels
Post a Comment