Monday, April 7, 2008

The beginning of the end...

I dont know why I posted this blog with that title. It sounds so morbid.

In any case, I am starting a revolution. I am not sure how many people would like to join, but I thought it would be fun.

Im starting a War. A Weight loss war, if you will. Anyone can join, and anyone who wants to get back into shape is welcome!

The competition start April 14. Those who want to join needs to go to http://weightlosswars.com/shanalan

Here we can all keep track of everyones goals. We can talk smack, encourage, give advice, share recipes and just be each others motivators to get back into shape!

(I will never use the word "Diet". Diets are evil. This is called starting a newer "Healthy lifestyle".)

What will happen is each person who wants to join needs to pitch in 20 bucks to the pot. 20 bucks! Thats nothing! On May 14th, we will have a weigh in in our own homes (NOTE: you do NOT have to reveal your weight. This will all be on the honor system. If you do want to share your weight to get you more motivated, even better! No Judging allowed) At that end date we will see who has the most percentage of weight lost. And whoever has the most, win the pot! Think about it...if we got 5 people to join, that is already $100!!! if we got 10 people, 200 buckaroonies! Wouldn't that be worth just 1 month of trying to be healthy?! At the end of that month, we will re-evaluate, see who is serious about it, then start our next goal or "pot"!

I am open to suggestions or thoughts on this matter. If you think of a different way to get people motivated, leave me a comment. Also, if you are intersted in the weight loss war thing, let me know and I will send you an invite! Just leave your email address in my comment section.

If this is something that people want to do I may start another blog with rules and a place for people to give suggestions. Its all up to you people.

This doesnt have to be for people who live here or we see every day. If you live far away and want to join, youre totally welcome! But you gotta put money in the pot! It makes it much more interesting that way!

C'mon peeps! What do you have to lose!

Lets start the revolution!!!

3 comments:

brie said...

Um...pretty sure I'm gonna have to pass on this one!! ;/

(But good luck!)

Jennifer said...

Shannon I think that is agreat idea..I wanna be a part of it. My e-mail address is
jennybanks_5@hotmail.com

Kalynne said...

So I am just wondering...if you lost any weight wouldn't you deteriorate into oblivion? I think you would. You should make the challenge more like-track how many minutes you work out in the month and the highest number wins…cuz I would be worried if you lost any more weight!