Whelp, it was probably inevitable. There is now an IV stuck in my arm. It is giving my body the liquid it needs to stay hydrated, plus Zofran. I cannot keep anything in my stomach so it is being given through my IV. This was the same time I got super sick with Sophie too, so I probably should have expected it. I remember telling people I had a hard time thinking of getting pregnant because of the sickness. People would say "I'm sure it will be fine this time" or "maybe if its a boy it wont be so bad!". I appreciated such positive remarks, and I would just smile and say "hopefully!", but in the back of my mind I knew this would happen with all of my pregnancies.
The Nurse came over Monday night to give me an IV. She is super nice and was very thorough. It took her a good 10 minutes to find a good vein. This didn't surprise me. With each pregnancy, my veins get less and less visible. When she finally did find one, I cried in pain it hurt so bad! It is in now and I have been able to get all of my hydration from it. My nurse wants me to call my doc and ask for a Picc line. She says my veins are just not accessible, and if I blow this IV, it will be hard to find another viable vein. I will probably call today to see what my doc says.
My amazing mother came over Monday night while the nurse was there. Sophie had been running a fever and barfed all over the couch. I text her in a panic saying I needed help ASAP! She came and cuddled Sophie and kept her occupied while I got the IV. My family has been amazing. They have each volunteered to watch Sophie and my parents even suggested I come stay with them a few days. John works late every night, so I may take them up on that.
Nausea sucks. I may have to deal with this at least another month. My Dr appt is next Friday (1/20) so I am hoping this week goes by fast so I can at least see that heartbeat and know I am going through this for a reason!
Merry Christmas 2025
9 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment