Thursday, March 1, 2012

14 weeks...

Welcome to the 2nd trimester!...says me to myself...

I had someone ask me on facebook when I was due. In the 14 weeks of being pregnant and blogging about it, I never once even thought about it. Why? Typically in my 1st trimester, it seems SO far away, it honestly never crosses my mind. It was actually my Mom who first looked it up when I was first pregnant.
So for anyone wondering, my due date is August 30th. So I will either have an end of summer or beginning of fall baby :)

I dont mind the fact that I will be huge and pregnant all summer. Some people HATE that. John and I actually planned it this way. I would much rather be sick and barfy the beginning of the year while nothing really is going on, than sick during the summer or during the holidays. Its whats best for us!

I am definitely starting to show. I basically just look like I put on some weight, but those who know Im pregnant will be able to tell. My pants still fit, thankfully, but I am for sure going to invest in some maternity pants this time around!

How am I feeling? All I can say is "meh". Ive felt better, Ive felt worse. I get sick first thing in the morning, and then around 9pm. Ugh. If I dont go to sleep, I will lose everything I ate that evening. *shudder*. Its the worst. I have tried so hard to stay optimistic. Logically, I know that one day I am not going to magically feel all better. Its never happened that way, but I do keep getting my hopes up! I thought by 12 weeks, then by 13...now that I am at 14 weeks, its a little discouraging. I really just have to take it one day at a time. One day I will feel better...right?

ALSO! I was reading back when I was pregnant with Sophie. I put in there that for anyone who is constipated  to eat some oranges. Well, I took my own advice, and guess what? If I eat 2 oranges a day, I can actually go to the bathroom without any pain! Its pretty awesome. Who knows oranges could be so handy? I also caught a cold (I know, right?), so I am hoping I benefit from all of the vitamin C.

Thanks to all who congratulated us on the pregnancy! It really means a lot :)

2 comments:

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

you are awesome!!!! I'll definitely be in UT this christmastime, so I can see the little guy! (yes, it's a boy) ;)

brie said...

yay shann! i'm happy for you, though i am sorry that you are feeling so crappy. i really really REALLY hope that you feel better soon. i know pregnancy is incredibly hard for you, so i am wishing you all the good, non-pukey vibes i can!!