Wednesday, March 21, 2012

16/17 weeks

Somehow I missed posting at 16 weeks! The 16th week has been a lot better. We were able to go on a little mini vacay to Vegas with some friends over the weekend, and while the nausea was still there, I was able to eat! I had to be careful not to allow myself to get too hungry, otherwise I would be done for the day/night. We ate yummy food, hung by the pool, saw the sites, and I got to see my Aunt Mary! All in all, it was really good.

When we got back though, I almost feel like I "relapsed". Thats kind of a dramatic word to use, but I just didnt feel as good. Vegas was such nice weather, and there was a lot to distract myself with. When I got home, it was back to the usual! Work, work, and more work! haha.

I wish I could say the vomiting has stopped entirely, but not quite. I couldnt even tell you what triggers it. Some days Im just sicker than others! Yesterday I was RAVENOUS! Seriously, I couldnt find anything to curb my appetite and wanted to eat EVERYTHING. Yet, the day before and today, Im kind of just...Meh. Not much of an appetite and nothing really sounds good. The nausea is always there. It never stops, it just kind of lessens sometimes. Evenings are worse than anything. 8 pm is when Im just kind of over it and need to go to bed (which is sad because that is when John usually gets home from work)

Headaches are more frequent. Bad ones. On the verge of migraine ones. Unfortunately, that is a side effect of Zofran, the nausea meds Im on. Tylenol seems to abate it a bit. Id rather have a headache than uncontrollable vomiting though! I could have sworn I was off Zofran at this point with Sophie. Guess it goes to show each pregnancy is different, eh?

I am showing! I really need to take a pic. Honestly, it just looks like I ate a very large burrito for lunch, but its there! One of these days when Im showered Ill make John take a picture for me.

I have an appointment on Friday. At that point, they will send the order form over to the hospital for my "Main" Ultrasound. We should know what we are having in the next few weeks! John and I are going to make it a date night when we find out. Hopefully I will think of a cute way to tell everyone!

****

Is anyone as excited as I am for the "Hunger Games" to come out?! John and I are going to go see it together. I read all of the books and he listened to them on tape while he worked and we are both so excited! We dont typically get excited about the same movies (the last one was Harry Potter) so this should be good! Woot!

1 comment:

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

boooo. so sorry you're still so sick!