Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter!!!

What a busy weekend!

A lot went on, but I think I shall only highlight my favorite parts.
First off..we bought a fridge! Unfortunately we cannot use it for another 3 months or so, but it will be nice and safe in Johns parents garage (hopefully) for the time being. John is the master of finding good deals, and this is no exception. If you need to find a good deal on ANYthing, just ask my hubby and he can help you save a bunch of moola! (Thanks to Nick for driving a million miles just to pick it up)

Saturday night John and I got together with our BFF's Kari, Nick, Cher and Adam and decorated eggs! The night before Kari and I attempted to boil about 36 eggs...but since this was the first time we did them ourselves, we ended up breaking up a bunch of them (its more difficult than it looks!). We ended up buying some more and ended up with about 7 dozen eggs (dying only about 5 dozen of them ;). They were perfect for dying, but they smelled uber bad :S

Here are a few highlights:

First we made a TON of dying cups. We made some with vinegar and water, some with lemon juice and water, and a couple with pure vinegar:



Here is Hottie Kari dishing out the eggs:



This is professional egg maker Cheri making her first beautiful egg...hers were all so artistic (but who is surprised by that, really?):



Here are the first 2 eggs I dyed. The first one I tried to get to my Irish roots and make a clover. Not my fav. The other one I tried to do S*hearts*J (for Shannon hearts John)..but the blonde in me decided to put S*hearts*M (for Martin)...We decided to call it the S&M egg:



The first egg John decided to dye...he actually wanted to eat. Turn out it was twins! Needless to say, he didn't eat it:



From Left to Right: Kari, Cheri, Shannon:



And here are my favorites I did :D








Sorry about the photo quality, they were taken with my camera phone and it was kind of dark.

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! Even though I enjoy dying eggs and getting candy from the Easter bunny, I am so grateful for the holidays that remind us of what is really important. I hope each of you at least thought of our Savior and thanked him for everything he has done for us. After recent events in my life, I am especially thankful for the Savior and his sacrifice.

Love you all!

2 comments:

Kalynne said...

Way cute eggs! I love them!!! You guys are so clever...if only I had a creative brain.

Anonymous said...

Those are stinkin cute! The ones that look like you guys are amazing! Maybe your friend should take up professional egg dying! HA! But, really... I am very jealous! That looked like a blast!