Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Am I weird?

I hate being scared. If I had the choice between a scary movie and a romantic comedy, I would gladly choose the non scary one. I think the main reason is things stick with me and creep me out later on, especially "ghost" stories or things like that. I remember when I moved into my first apartment with Megan and Marci, we went to see "The Grudge" that first night and then told ghost stories afterward. I was scared to be in that apartment ever since! At night if I needed to get a drink or use the restroom, I would turn on all of the lights all the way to my destination. I am not a fan of the dark.

The strangest thing about all of this...is I am so intrigued by it all! I try not to watch scary movies or shows, but when I DO start watching them, I can't stop! It's like I enjoy my heart beating like crazy and not being able to move because I am paralyzed with fear. Am I just messed up?

I got this blog idea from Brie's blog. That Salad Finger creature is so creepy! Yet...I couldn't stop watching!


I am also now obsessed with this show on A&E called "Paranormal State". These people go to peoples homes/hotels/etc to help people know if they are actually encountering paranormal activity, or if it can be proven that there is some scientific explanation for it. A lot of it they can prove it is not paranormal, but a lot is pretty crazy!



I try not to watch too much of these types of things, because they do give me creepy feelings (and especially at night) but sometimes its fun to be a little weirded out, right?! Just hold me and I'll be fine :D

P.S. If you want to watch an episode of Paranormal state, I suggest watching the "Vegas" episode. You can watch it on Youtube and its in 3 parts, I think. It made me a believer. hahaha!

1 comment:

brie said...

Ooh! Paranormal State gives me the ijjer jijjers! And...Salad Fingers? Have you watched anymore episodes? You learn he likes to lick his finger puppets and scratch his nipples with nettles. It's so weird, and more than a little creepy! I'm the same way though - I hate scary movies after they're over, because I have to live with the dark and my mind going crazy, but during it, I have fun.