Sunday, February 17, 2008

A very interesting week...and more to come

Hello dear friends!

I was happy to see that a bunch of you guys have updated your blogs (*cough megan cough*) and am so proud! I have been kind of a recluse lately so its nice we have this bloggy thing to keep up with everyone :D

My life has been rather... interesting lately. Never in my whole life have I been tried as I have this last little while. As most of you know, I was pregnant for a good 7 weeks. Unfortunately, at one of my checkups, the Dr. couldn't find a heartbeat. I say I was pregnant for 7 weeks, because I was suppose to be 8 weeks along, but the baby stopped growing at week 7. It was a terrible blow. John and I had a pretty tough time the first couple of days when we found out. A lot of people knew I was pregnant, mainly because I was so sick it was hard to hide. I was on IV's at home because I was so dehydrated. I have lost almost 20 pounds because I have no been able to keep anything down. I hope it doesn't sound like I am complaining or anything, its just an update for those who are not aware of what happened. I'm not one to keep these things to myself :D

I think the main thing I have learned from this experience, is the kindness and love John and I have felt from so many people. Why Heavenly Father has blessed me with so many great friends, I will never know. We have received flowers, food, blessings, and prayers from everyone, and I know they have helped immensely. I have had my moments of sadness and feeling sorry for myself, but its hard to do when you know there is so much good in the world.

I have discovered the only times I feel better (although the baby is not growing anymore, I still have the hormones in my body so I still feel like I'm pregnant) is when I am at my parents house. It has this healing effect on me. Whenever I am at my parents, I am able to keep food down and am just happier. My family is just so hilarious and fun, its easy to forget my ailments. I thank my Heavenly Father every night for them, and my friends.

This Wednesday I go in or a DNC. I am not going to go into the details of what that entails, but hopefully by that point I will start feeling better and be able to move on with my life. Being sick for so long, you start missing things you normally take for granted. Like, I dunno, eating FOOD. It will be nice to eat more than 2 bites... and then tossing it up later.

I love you all, and for those who have been there for me (you know who you are) thank you thank you thank you times a million! You will never know how much I appreciate your love and support and hopefully I can one day repay you.

~Shanny

2 comments:

brie said...

Oh Shan, I am so, so sorry. Even though you never got to meet your little baby, you were still its mother, and I know that when I was pregnant, I was constantly worrying and praying for and thinking about my little guy, so I know that this must have been devastating for you. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and I am amazed at your attitude and your positive influence. You are an amazing person!

Jennifer said...

shannon, i am so incredible sorry for what you have been going through! you are in my thoughts and prayers!