Just a little update!
Today I had my DNC. Or D&C. It can be called either way. John and I woke up at 5:00 this morning and had to be to the hospital at exactly 6:00am. I was feeling soooooo miserable when I woke up this morning. I was a little dehydrated, which means it made me feel worse. The nurse said I looked really pale and asked if I was anemic. I told her I didnt think so, haha.
(for anyone who has been truly dehydrated, it is a strange feeling. First of all, it makes you more sick, but all you want to do is chug water, but you know if you do you will throw it back up. I would have dreams of drinking glass after glass of water, or eating juicy fruit like pineapple or someting. Weird!)
They took me up to the Surgery area I think around 7. I was thankfully one of the first "surgeries" that morning so I didnt have to wait long. I say "surgery" because, there was no cutting involved. Just dialation. :D
Getting anasthesia was probably the weirdest experienc ever. All I remember was being taken into the room, a nurse intrucing herself and kind of moving onto another table. I think. After that I was OUT! And then 2 seconds later, I was awake! I was incredibly tired and they had me sleep for about an hour. Then, they took me backdown stairs to just recover. Again, still tired, but I was able to drink a little bit of water. It was hard to sleep because of the lady next to me. SO LOUD! I feel like I know her whole life story. She ownes horses, owes her son $100 for a saddle, she had some sorty of surgery on her Kidney's. I was kind of out of it when she was explaining that part. Oh ya, and she threw up. Lovely.
Now I am home, I slept for a little while and I am able to keep food down. I am really enjoying milk. I think just because it is cold and doesnt have a lot of flavor. I dont think I am use to eating actual food yet,because it feels weird to chew. Not my favorite.
Anywho...thats it so far. I again, want to thank everyone for their support, lovely text messages and comments on here. I think I am getting better and I had better see you all as soon as I am %100!
~Shanny
Merry Christmas 2025
9 months ago
3 comments:
Shan... I'm so sorry to hear about everything that has happened, but glad you are feeling better. Let me know if there's anything I can do. Love you lots!
~Annicka
Shannon, My thoughts are with you! I hope you are feeling better soon. Let me know if there's anything I can do for ya!
Love ya -Amy
PS- you're still my favorite bride ;)
shannon,
I am so glad that you are feeling better, but sad for all that you have had to go through these past weeks. I miss you my darling cousin and can't wait until the next time I get to see you. Try to get lots and lots of rest. love ya!
Post a Comment