Friday, June 29, 2012

Celine and Mead

A couple of years ago, Celine Dion had her last concert in Las Vegas. Little did I know, my cute sister was devastated she missed her! I didnt know she was such a big fan! I also knew that my dear friend Ashlee was a huge fan. SO, when we found out she was coming back for another 3 years, we jumped right on that! Traci, Ashlee, Ally and I all bought tickets a few months ago, and just a couple weekends ago we were able to go! Needless to say, it was a spiritual experience :)

It started with a bus. I decided I wanted to make sure I had a full  days with my sister, so I met her in St. George. Dont worry, I almost missed the bus. It left at 8:30 and we got there at 8:29. I havent driven in morning traffic in forever, so we totally spaced it. We made it though! We had 3 stops, one in Provo, Parowan and then again in Cedar City. It was pretty relaxing! I havent had a full 6 hours to just sit and read in forever, so I enjoyed it! I read "Most Talkative" by Andy Cohen. Yes, I am a reality show freak and so it was a very entertaining read for me! Dont judge.

I had asked my dearest Cousin Jenny to pick me up. I hadnt seen her or my other cousin Annalisa in forever, so we had a fun lil lunch date! My parents were pretty worried about me going on the bus by myself, so I had to send a picture saying I was OK:

Cute Cousins!
Annalisa is just a month ahead of me with her due date (also having a boy) and I knew I wouldnt make her baby shower, so I brought her a lil something on behalf of the Sullivan girls:


Cutes pregnany lady ever! Pretty sure Im twice her size, even though she is ahead of me!
 I was able to chat with those cute girls and Jenny's kids for a couple of hours. It was nice! Jenny's kids loved me. Im sure it helped I also have the same name as their Aunt (Shannon, obviously), so they warmed up fairly quickly! They are darned adorable!

Traci and Brett arrived around 6:30ish and also enjoyed visiting with us. It was so nice outside, we just chilled in the backyard while the children played. THEN..it was off to Lake Mead! (THANKS JENNY AND ANNALISA! It was so good seeing you!)

*****

We got there around 11, so we didnt do much. Just got our room, chatted, then went to bed. Bright and early we headed out on the boat! Since Im 7 months pregnant, I didnt get to do much, but it was just nice being in the sun and being with my sister and brother in law. Their boat is so nice! And they love to take people out in it. Im glad Sophie will have memories of going boating with her Aunt and Uncle.

Around 3 Ally and Ashlee arrived! We took them out on the boat and it was most enjoyable. We probably stayed out until 8 that night. By the time we made it back, I was exhausted! First, we stopped for a bite to eat at a little ice cream place that closed at 9 on a Friday (seriously, they locked us out right at 9. Oh wells)

*****


Headed to the LV!


My favorite Sisser
The next day...Celine! We had bought a Groupon for Pani-Pedi's at The Golden Nugget hotel. We were so stoked! Turns out...their customer service sucks. Without going into too much detail, while the ladies who actually gave us the Mani-Pedi's were nice, we were treated like crap. My friend Ashlee went into more details, so if you have access, you should read her account. Its quite amusing. Ill post some of her pics though:


Dont worry, there was NO hot water. We had COLD Pedicures. How lame is that?


Afterward we went shopping at the Outlets. I bought myself a floppy hat! Well, I bought 2. I was quite excited about it! Then? Dinner! We went to Margaritaville. Can I say, I had the most DELISH salad there ever?! I was quite impressed.





The moment you have all been waiting for...CELINE! Ok ok ok..laugh all you want, but do you know that she is 100x better LIVE than on the radio? She is a little goofy live, but an endearing goofy. Ashlee was able to sneek some pics:


And her LEGS...are to die for!
We may have all cried at one point or another during the performance. Especially Traci. It was cute.

Traci even had to get a Celine shirt after. She is adorable.


Who's back? Celine's Back!


What a great day! Kind of weird, with the poor treatment from everyone we came across in Vegas...but entertaining nontheless!

*****

What did we do on Sunday? BOAT DAY! Another relaxing day. I even ended up taking a nap cause I was exhausted.


Right after my nap, with my floppy hat and favorite sisser

Again, I just relaxed since I didnt want to get a water enema, but was able to watch the girls go on the tube. I swear, its more entertaining watching than actually going on it!

Hold on Ash!

I just think my sisser is adorable
After a long day on the boat, We headed over to Mesquite to grab some grub. We wanted to go to a buffet...but guess what? The Buffet was closed! How rude. We went to this other random restaurant. Suprisingly, it was delish! I was impressed. I was also super emotional that night. Dont ask me why, but I wanted to cry. Im blaming both hormones and probably a bit of heat exhaustion. Needless to say, I needed to go to bed!

*****

Monday morning we woke up, and headed out! Ashlee wanted to stop in Beaver to get our pictures taken with the big chair. Sure, why not?! I bought us some HUGE suckers (jaw breakers) for the pics too. Arent I cute?



Thinking back, I should have bought a "I heart Beaver" T-shirt. Oh wells, there is always next time.

Thanks for a great trip ladies! Shall we do it next year?

1 comment:

Annalisa said...

If you go to Celine again next year, count me in. I too like Traci was saddened by the fact that I never got to see her while in Vegas! hahah. It was really good to see you and I am really glad we are cousins.

We always get a pic on the Beaver chair too. hahah. I need a vacation somewhere on the water! Just a bit jealous!

As for the emotional stuff, I am crazy emotional too. My husband keeps asking "are you depressed?^ should I be worried?" hahah.