Starting on Sunday the 9th, I probably had the busiest week of my life! Lets start at the beginning, shall we?
Sunday I was able to go up to Logan to see my BFF Ashlee, with my 2 other BFF's Cheri and Marci. I will never be able to tell you how much I needed that. These 3 ladies are my rock, and I have SO much fun with them, its ridiculous! We drove up Sunday Morning, ate some delicious lunch at Cafe Rio, Swam at the pool (ok, really sat in the pool and chatted for 3 hours), had a yummy dinner and then watched the sun set! Wow, we are so romantic.
![]() |
| Ya, we're pretty dope |
![]() |
| We can call this my 32 week photo |
![]() |
Sweet Logan sunset
|
The NEXT DAY my amazing Sophie turned 3! Where, oh where, has the time gone?! I look at pictures of her when she was just a few days old, and it literally feels like just yesterday!
![]() |
| 1 week old! |
![]() |
| 1 year old! |
![]() |
| My beautiful 2 year old |
![]() |
| 3rd birthday! |
I dont know what I would do without this amazing little girl in my life. She makes John and I laugh constantly with the new things she says/learns. She has such a big heart and just want to love and be loved (which she is! Immensely!) She loves to watch her "shows" like Max and Ruby and Doc McStuffins. She loves to play with her babies and, if asked about her baby brother, she will show you her tummy. She loves her Grandparents and refers to them as Grandma and Grandpa "Sulman" or Grandma and Grandpa Martin. Everyone deserves a little Sophie in their lives.
Next up! My week at work! As most know, I work 99% of the time at home. Twice a year we have an "All Staff" convention where they fly everyone in from around the country to do trainings and to attend WGU's graduation ceremony (they do 2 a year, one in Feb, and one in July). Its always so great to go into work to meet everyone you email or talk to on the phone on a daily basis. I really do work with some amazing people! This year was especially great because we celebrated WGU's 15th Anniversary. Just 10 years ago, they only had 33 students. This year? 30,000. Can you believe it? It had grown so much. I have worked with them for just about 7 years and have seen the University just explode!
I was very lucky to receive an award this year for Excellence in University Service. We do a meeting with all employees (all 1800+ of them!) and Supervisor's and Employees are able to nominate someone to get an award. Being there 7 years, I have seen some amazing people receive this award and all have gone on to do amazing things with the University. I was lucky to be one of those people this year :) The President of WGU called my name and I went up in front of my peers and coworkers and was able to receive this award. Words cannot express my gratitude for those who nominated me for the award. Those who received the award got an awesome crystal trophy and a brand new iPad (along with a case with your name engraved on it).
![]() |
| This is sitting up on my mantle at home. I need to find a place for it in my office! |
This week at work has reminded me that I really do work for an awesome school that has students interest at heart, and that is a good feeling!
After the hecticness of the week, we weren't done yet! Since they had their Graduation that weekend...I was able to see my amazing husband walk! John started school the year we were married...and 5 years, 4 pregnancies, 1.5 kids, 1 business and 1 mortgage later, he finished school! It was touch and go for awhile, and he didnt even get everything complete soon enough to get his name in the program, but he did it! I was unbelievably proud of him it was ridiculous. He is such a hard worker and know his degree will benefit him in the future.
![]() |
| The WGU Grad! He Received his Bachelors in Business Management degree |
![]() |
| Receiving his Diploma |
![]() |
| Proud Parents! |
![]() |
Proud In-Laws!
|
![]() |
| Proud pregnant wife and daughter! |
After the week was over, I just wanted to sleep! I worked a total of 54 hours and probably didn't get a decent nights sleep all week. You know what? It was worth it! All 3 of us accomplished something big and I couldn't be happier :)
3 comments:
you could not be more adorable. I am so proud of you for getting that award, too! You amaze me. :)
I'm glad to see that the University see's what an amazing woman they have working for them. I truly could not do what you are doing. Shannon I cried reading this blog posting. I am proud to be related to you and your awesomeness. I'm glad you have some good besties! You can never have too many of those. Thanks for being an example of what a good woman really is. I heart your face.
Brittany
YOU DESERVE NOTHING BUT THE BEST!!! (capitalization for emphasis!) So happy for you and John and all the many mile stones that have happened and the many more to come! Here's to the best year yet! Drinks all around! ~Love all 3.5 of you!
Post a Comment