Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Anxious


Why hello there! As many of you know, today I am 40 weeks 1 day pregnant. That means I am past my due date. Before I say anything, I must say I am DEEPLY grateful I have made it this far into my pregnancy. Having had miscarried before, I have felt much anxiety about whether I would carry full term. I think anyone can understand, whether you had a miscarriage or not. My lil girl is healthy and strong... and I know it is so comfy within my fertile womb, why would she want to come out?
That being said...Im SO ready to be done! John and I were reminiscing the other day and thinking back to when I told him I was pregnant. It feels SO long ago! He remembers being completely surprised. I think we were both super nervous and didnt know what to do with ourselves. Looking back, we are both grateful that, even though I was very ill, it was not as bad as the first pregnancy. I was definitely given a break. Luckily, at times, my nausea medication worked! Now, here we are, past my due date and trying everything in my power to be able to meet this little girl!

I had a Dr's appt today. Most likely, the Dr I have been seeing will not deliver my babe. He is out of town for a week and a half...and as much as I love the guy...I am SO not waiting that long! I had a talk with the midwife who saw me and she sees nothing wrong with scheduling an inducement. It is just so painful to walk since she has been hanging out on my sciatic nerve. I have also been having contractions that dont seem to be going anywhere! I am still at 2 cm dilated. Currently, I am waiting to hear back from my nurses to see what they say about scheduling my inducement. As soon as I know, I will keep everyone updated.

I sure do love ya'll and hope you get to meet lil Sophie Kay Martin soon!

6 comments:

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

you are HUUUUUUUGE!!!!!!!! and adorable. and HUUUUUUGE!

Adrienne said...

Here's hoping Sophie comes soon!! Good luck :)

Megs, Brad, and Abbie said...

Is it sad that I didn't even know you had chosen Sophie as a name? I think so!! I think it is very cute! Get her out NOOOOWWWWWW!!!!

P.S. Watch that friends episode with Rachel and Ross when she goes over and the doctor tells them of ways to encourage the labor... I am sure you will get some great ideas ;)

Lindsay said...

You are a very good looking pregnant person! So excited for you, can't wait to hear the big news. Hang in there!

Cher said...

Its time for sweet baby Sophie to make her grand debue on here!

Shannon said...

Anything yet? I'm so anxious for you! It's like we traded due dates. I'm so sorry it's taking so long - my first was 2 weeks late. Is that right? I don't remember. Anyway, it seemed like FOREVER so I am so sorry. Get her outta' there!