Friday, February 27, 2009

Shannon's trip to the dentist

Guys, I'm not afraid of the dentist. I'm not afraid of needles. I'm not afraid of drilling. For some reason, this time around, I was sooooo nervous. It might have been because I KNEW what was coming. Those teeny needles pushing into my gums to give me the numbing sensation I am still feeling...is just so icky. I told the lady giving me the shots I was super nervous for some reason. She was super nice and still jabbed those suckers into me. It was soooo fun.

I had about 4 cavities to be filled just on the left side of my mouth. One might have been a root canal. Luckily it was not an obvious one. It was deep enough to make him think it may be, but it was not directly to the root, thankfully. I have to give it a good 3 weeks to see if it hurts me or anything. Say a prayer that I'm not going to need one!

I have another appt on March 5th. They need to fill 2 more cavities on the right side of my mouth. All I know folks, is I am definitely going to teach my children very good dental hygiene. No one should ever have to look like this:

3 comments:

Jordan, Aubrey, Kaden, and Toby said...

I hate the dentist. I feel better when I have to get my knees operated on then when I have to go to the dentist.

brie said...

shutup THANKS for freaking me out! i have an appt with the dentist this coming thursday, and i'm so nervous i can hardly think about it! those creepy metal hooks are meant to kill, not to be put in my mouth. I think I'm going to seriously drug myself up on some benzos or something (dead serious!) glad you survived; i hope i do too!

Amy @MoMomma said...

I feel your pain Shannon! Well, I'll be feeling it on Monday! I'm having 2 old fillings redone which apparently have new cavities -what!? Once we get these things fixed they're not good for life? UGH! And the receptionist had the nerve to ask if I wanted to get both the ones on the left AND right side done at once- heck no! :) Can't we all just have dentures already?