
Can I just say what a weird thing it is to be pregnant? I'm going to have an honesty moment with ya'll: Pregnancy is not my most favorite thing in the world. Its not the worst...but it has not been the best. I am exactly 19 weeks today (that is 4 months, 3 weeks, for those of you who don't want to do the math :) and although it has been an amazing miracle...I think I'm done. HA! I'm totally kidding. She needs to bake a lil longer...get a lil cuter.
I think the most frustrating part right now is the inconsistant nausea. I am SO freaking grateful that I am not as bad as I was before and feel it is a blessing to actually be able to consume food for myself and wee babe, but I am actually sick and tired of eating! I never thought those words would ever come from me. I actually wish I had this diet when I am not pregnant...perfect way to maintain weight! I am eating several small meals throughout the day because my tummy wont allow me to eat too much, but then I am hungry a half hour later (I kid you not). Before I was pregnant I only ate when I feel hunger pangs (pains? I never knew which to use...), and then when I ate, I would eat until my tummy would want to explode! Not the healthiest...but very satisfying :D. Now, every time I feel a hunger pang/pain, I only feel fear. Fear that if there is not anything in my belly soon, I will feel nauseated, then nothing would sound good, then I would throw up, and be sick for the rest of the day. SO, to refrain from that yucky spiral of doom, I buy lots of food at the grocery story and eat it all up by the end of the week. The worst is when you finally run out of stuff that sounds good at home so you are left making things that you reeeeally don't want to eat (hamburger helper, anyone?). What I need are some delicious and flavorful foods that have lots-o-fiber to keep my tummy satisfied for longer. Any ideas?
Ya, I know, this is kind of a Debbie Downer blog, but I just had to get my thoughts out there cause it is very frustrating! I just want to eat something and feel satisfied for a couple of hours, is that so hard to ask? Really, tummy?
On a lighter, more happy note, I TOTALLY saw my stomach move, when the baby moved, ON THE OUTSIDE! 3 WHOLE TIMES! Not even kidding. It almost looked like my abdomen had a heartbeat...Oh wait...it already does...but not BELOW my belly button. It was the weirdest site to behold. Lil alien girl is kickin' and thrivin'! That definitely is one of the happier moments in pregnancy. I know a lot of women don't like it when people touch their belly's when they are pregnant...but I say, touch away! As long as you aren't sick I will totally let you feel when the baby moves. My friend Marci let me move her lil man around when she was about to pop and it was so awesome! It makes me super excited for her to get all big and strong.
To change the subject, I got my birthday present from my parents yesterday. I was out of town for my birthday, and then my dad has been in the hospital. Now that he is home, They gave me it! Now that we are all older my parents have just decided to give us cash for birthdays (anyone complaining? I'm not!) but my mom always has to do it in a special way. Here is my birthday present. $100, all in $1 bills, stuffed into a baby bottle:

5 comments:
I've always wanted a cash bottle.
yay a baby girl-!! that's so exciting-!!
I saw a pic of you on ashlee's page and you're a pretty adorable pregnant lady. =)
hope things are well.
Shan... is that money reeeeallly from your parents? Or do you have a part time job I don't know about?
Wow. Congratulations. Aubrey was excited when she heard the news. Kaden was pretty excited as well.
Post a Comment