I have some good news! It may be a little early to say anything, I wanted to wait a couple of weeks, but I am probably going to miss out on a lot of Christmas parties and such due to this, so I don't want anyone to think I'm being a flake!
Taa-Daa! I made this:

Yup, you are correct, THAT, my dear friends, is an ultrasound picture. A very crappy one, because I do not have a scanner and it was taken with my phone, but there is a baby in there! If you don't know what you are seeing, it is laying on its back, its head on the left and its little hands and feet in the air. Isn't it crazy?!
Currently I am 10 weeks. Which is very exciting! (If you read back to my other blogs, 10 weeks is when I found out the last baby had stopped growing) I had my second Dr's appt yesterday and they found a strong heartbeat and that little beany baby! It is amazing how fast these fetus' grow. Just 2 weeks ago it was the size of a Kidney bean! I have a picture of that too, but it literally just looks like a bean (hence the term "beany baby"). Now it is 1.5 inches long and still growing!
Now, a lot of people may be asking "How are you feeling Shannon?" "Are you sick as last time, Shannon?" "Why are you so good looking, Shannon?" Well, I shall tell you. Unfortunately, I have been pretty sick. Fortunately, I have been having "good" days, unlike last time, but it is still hard for me to keep anything down. I have been to the hospital twice for IV's to rehydrate me, and then last Thurs they decided to put me on home healthcare. So, I have been poked many times. A couple of times the IV has gotten clogged, so they needed to take it out. Now, 7 extra holes in me later, they want to do a Picc line. It will be more permanent and wont clog up so easily. I really, truly, didnt want it in, but after discussing with my husband and mom, we decided it is best for the babe, and myself. They should be over sometime today to put that in. YAY!

I want to thank my amazing family and friends for their love and support! From the Jamba's, to washing my dog (thats what she said), to just visiting me and letting me know you love me, and the amazing blessings and prayers and fasts on my behalf...thank you! It has definitely been a trying yet exciting time for John and I and I love and thank all of you! Now, who wants to clean my house and do my Christmas shopping for me? ;)
LAST but not least, I got my braces taken off! YAAAAY! This was actually awhile ago, but I got all sick and shiz and havent had a time to post.
Before:

After:

The Amazing Marci did my hair. Isnt it awesome!? She does a great job!
Whelp, that's the life of Shannon in a nut shell! I do have a couple of drafts I wrote on here about when I found out I was pregnant and I will post those soon. This blog is long enough already! I hope you made it this far. Thanks and Ill try to be more consistent with the blogging! (If anyone still reads it, ha!)
18 comments:
I feel for you girl. I've had mid lines with both pregnacies. I was way sick. They way cool thing about the mid line is you don't get poked every other day with needles. I have scars all over my hands from that. Congrats on the baby and I hope it gets better for you!!!
AH SHANNY BABE!!! I sure do love you! You are in my thoughts and prayers always and I am having good feelings as you would say!
Your babe though! I can actually see a little baby form happening! So amazing!!!
Well you little Baby Maker... Do you need anything? I would be happy to help you in the christmas shopping and cleaning dept. I have mad wrapping skills as well which I would be pleased to do.
Please don't hesitate to give me a job! I love you and your fetus too.
Even though I'm painfully jealous, (you know how that is) I'm am so happy for you. I wish you all the luck in the world and I will keep you in my prayers.
Shan! Oh the little one looks just like you! Woot!
P.S. I will TOTALLY do your Christmas shopping for you. I pretty much have the rest of the year off. For reals.
Congrats girl! I am so happy for you... You will be a grrrreat mommy
AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh YOU are gonna be such a cute fun WONDERFUL MOMMIE!! I can't wait to see what he/she looks like! Ahhhhhh CONGRATS LADY!
Shannon, I'm so excited for you!! I ran into your mom last night and she told me a little bit about all this. I'm sorry you have to be so sick, but believe me it is TOTALLY worth it! I love having a little boy and it's been the best thing in the world.
Shannon,
I'm here for you babe! No one can understand hyperemesis like those of us who have had it! I hope you get to have your picc line taken out ASAP. i know they are a pain to deal with, but at least in the mean time you will be getting good fluids! (and that can be a miracle with this disease!)
If you need anything at all, even just to vent about HG please know I am here. I wanted to give you the website one more time for our support group, sometimes chatting on the boards can help because all of those women are going through the same yuckiness as you are.
http://forums.helpher.org/index.php
I'll be thinking about you and praying for you!
I am so freaking excited for you Mommy Shannon! I'm glad that your doing a little bit better this time. It's sad seeing your IV next to your tree :0(. I love you and you'll be in my prayers. You are the best mother a baby could ask for. Thanks for letting me be your cousin!! CONGRATULATIONS. I thought you looked really thin at the party at Lisa's but didn't dare ask if you where pregnant. I love you. - Its me Brittany in case you are wondering.
YEA!!! I am so very happy and excited for you!!! Sorry that you have been so sick...hang in there! Love you lots cuz!!!
P.S. congrats on getting your braces off...woot woo!!
Shan,
I love you! You are such an awesome friend. I just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you - still :)
congrats-!!!
that's so awesome that it's going well and there's a strong heartbeat.
you look so gorgeous it makes me jealous.
Hooray! Congrats! And let me tell you... you will be glad for the PICC. They are kind of a pain, but really better in the long run (plus nurses prefer them to regular IV's!)
yay congrats! momming is the best and you won't even remember the unpleasant stuff about being preggers in a few months. seriously. (you won't remember a lot of things, but let's not talk about that just yet)
Holy Cow. I am so excited right now you have no no idea. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations. Oh so happy for you!!
and ah yeah on getting the braces off. You are so hot!!
Shannon, You are beautiful! You always have been. Congratulations on being preggo. It is so fun and so exhausting all at the same time. :) Hope all is well. Let me know if you need anything k, seriously!!
OMGOSH you're pregnant!!!!!!!!!! That is soooooooooo awesome. Umm..yeah it's old news sounds like, but hey...I don't have time to check out blogs all the time :-) I am OVER the moon excited for you!!!! You'll be a great mommy. I'm sorry you were sick over the holidays though...when are you due?
Post a Comment