Thursday, December 18, 2008

A look back part II

As you can see, I didnt keep up with writing these drafts, since there are only 2. I wrote this one at week 7, RIGHT before I started getting super sick. Did I jynx it? I'll let you decide. Ahh...I sure do miss eating food regularly...


ALSO! I am 11 weeks 3 days so far. Just in case you were wondering. Cant wait for that 12 week mark!


November 10, 2008:
I have been feeling alright so far. I have discovered if I let my blood sugar drop at all, I start feeling really nauseated. Not a good feeling. I try to keep my belly full as often as possible. Unfortunately, this morning I threw up for the first time :( It was no bueno! I made some eggs later, and that made me feel a tad bit better.

Its funny, though. I know if this was my first bought with "morning sickness", I would probably be feeling so sorry for myself. Even though it is not the most pleasant thing, always feeling so sick, I know what it is like to be worse. I am just so grateful I am able to keep food down at all. I'll take the nauseousness any day over being hooked up to IV's, dehydration and throwing up 8 times a day! The lil babe is able to get nutrients and vitamins (I have been taking pre-natals for a couple of months prior) so hopefully it will stick around a lot longer than the last!

The first Dr.'s appt is on the 25th, and I wish it was sooner! I get anxiety sometimes, especially since this week was the week the baby stopped growing last time. I didnt find out until 10 weeks that the heart had stopped beating around 7 weeks.

4 comments:

Lauren Stewart said...

I can't even tell you how excited I am for you... you will be the best mom ever.... I love you chicky! Still haven't seen you since I have been here! we have to catch up!!!

Chelsea said...

yay for keeping the eggs down! Good job mommy! Keep it going girly and we can celebrate every pound gained together! Doesn't it sound funny to "celebrate" gained weight? Hey no matter, we never thought we were normal anyway! ;)

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the babe Shannon! And if that baby is suppose to be on this earth, by golly, it most certainly will be! Just know Mark and I are praying for ya! Love you!!

Marci & Matt said...

Thanks for sharing Shan! I wish you could go to the doctor every day, just for reassurance. Maybe you should get one of those at-home fetal monitors?