Monday, January 5, 2009

Chuggin' along

So, I am pretty sure there is SO much to catch up on that I am not even going to try. My Holidays were really not that exciting...I was sick on Christmas, fell asleep at 11 on New Years, and drove from Cali to Arizona for half of my birthday, so there really is not too much to share. I am going to try to hit on a few things that I have been wanting to blog about, though, so here it goes!

1. For starters, I have been feeling much better. John and I went to Cali and AZ over New Years and it was the best I have felt in a LONG time. I was able to eat food, drink, and socialize, which was great! We went to Sea World on Dec. 27th. I knew I wouldn't make it all day while walking, so we got me a wheelchair! It was one of the Automatic driving ones, pretty cool! Pretty much the other people in wheelchairs were either super old or had broken bones, so I was paranoid people would just think I was lazy. I got over that fairly quickly.

2. My Dad has been in the hospital the last week. Its a reeeeally long story that has been going on for a couple of months, but if you know my dad/dont already know they story I would happily share if you ask! He seems to be doing much better, but any prayers on his behalf would be great so he can heal quickly and get back to work! Its hard seeing a loved one experience so much pain, but I have faith he will start getting better :)

3. I gotta say, I honestly have the best, most giving husband in the world. Not only does he take such good care of me when I am sick, but he is also always thinking of how he can help others, especially my parents. I dont know how I ended up with such a sweet person, but I cant help but feel he is suppose to be in my life. He doesnt even read this blog, but I hope when I am feeling better I can be a better wife to him and treat him as well as he has treated me!

4. I am obsessed with Pickles. And Flaming Hot Cheetos. Anyone know where I can buy those Cheetos? The Smiths by out house doesnt have any! Lame-oid

5. This is complete and total TMI, but I have some great advise for people who might need it. As I have previously mentioned in other posts, the nausea meds I have been taking make me very plugged up. The last week or so I have eaten an orange every day. So delish! Not only are they good...they seem to have made it easier to "go". This is just for anyone who has experienced such fun times and wanted to know! I am so helpful.

6. My mom pointed out something interesting to me the other day. She realized that I actually began this year pregnant...and ended it pregnant! How weird is that? Even stranger is I still dont have a baby to show for it :D (I say that jokingly, by the way). I have another Dr's appointment tomorrow so I am hoping all is still well! I am OFFICIALLY in my second trimester (14 weeks) so I am hoping things look up from here! (I say OFFICALLY because when I look online, all sites are different saying when your 1st trimester ends. Very confusing. I just said as soon as I hit 14 weeks, Im good.)

Those are all of the updates I can think of at this time. John bought me a new camera for my birthday so I am hoping to take some fun pictures to share with ya'll soon! I hope you all have a great 2009!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im so glad to hear that you were able to enjoy your birthday! I love your cute face! I pray for you, your unborn child and your Dad everyday! You all deserve health and happiness!

I LOVE YOU!

Chelsea said...

Yahoo! sounds like you are doing awesome girlie!! Do you still have your PICC line in? I would assume all those drugs are making your "artificially fluffy" if you know what i mean.

brie said...

shann, your post made me happy! i'm so glad that you are feeling better and that you are officially out of the dreaded 1st trimester! you know, i actually went to fetal photos when i was 14 1/2 weeks and fount out cade was a boy toy. i lied and said i was 16 weeks but they could totally tell anyway. pretty sure i'm more excited than you to find out what it is? haha.

xo

Heather said...

Hey! I hope your dad gets feeling better. poor unkey kev. I love you and your fetus. I miss you. ps. will you wear that dress to my wedding.

Jennifer said...

Hey cuz, I'm glad you are feeling better and I'm so very happy that you are "officially" in your second trimester. I am praying for your pops to get better, have they figured out what is wrong yet? love and miss you cuz.

Anonymous said...

Shan, I love you! I feel bad that I've been so wrapped up in baby stuff, I don't know what's going on with your pop. Tell me all about it, and soon! We'll be praying for him.

Marce