Thursday, January 8, 2009

Discharged

Wow, I never thought of how awkward that word was until I actually had to type it. Discharge...akwards...

Anywho...I have been...discharged from home health care, officially. I went in for a check-up on Tuesday and my awesome Dr. said since I have been able to eat/drink/maintain some weightage he wanted that picc line out of my hot bod. For some reason I was super nervous. I had almost become dependent on injecting myself with stuff to make me feel better, I was afraid it would all come back without that thing near my heart. Its ok, I have been catheter free for 2 days and I am still alive. As long as I am constantly eating (which gets really tiring, by the way...who knew?) I feel fine.

I actually really liked this home health place I went through. The ones at the beginning of the year were fine...but I would have a different nurse every time and it just didnt feel personable. This time I got to know a great lady named Donna. Every time she would come we would chat, she would play with my puppy (and clean up her poop and throw up, at times) and at one point, had dinner with John and I! Izzy was super sad to see her go, and so was I. We exchanged email addresses so I can send her pics of my big ol belly and when the babe is born. I was basically one of her first hyperemesis patients, so I think we both learned a lot from each other.

In other news, my Pappy (aka, "dad") is doing alright. He is going to have a 4th surgery today. I guess they found out that the infection he was getting was actually in his THIGH..not his knee. Not just that, but in his BONE. Wait, did I talk about any of this in my last post? Blast! Lets just say the Dr's are hoping this is what he needs to have done to make him better. K? Great. Keep those prayers coming!

Here is a picture of my cute dog:




She's thug.

Wouldnt that make for a cute Christmas Card? But then I would be the weird girl that sent out Christmas Cards of her dog...so I am glad I thought of that too late.



I am all out of pickles. Seriously, I downed a whole bottle in 4 days. To be honest, I have always ejnoyed a good pickle every now and again...but wow. They taste sooooo good now. I had to dump the bottle of pickle juice out in the sink. Not gonna lie...kinda like it. They should make pot-pouri pickle scent for pregnant ladies. Delish!

Thats about it peeps. Wow, my blogs have been pretty boring lizately, I do apologize. I hope something fun happens soon so I dont lose you all as readerzzzzz. I'll work that out. Shannon..OUT!

3 comments:

Adam and Cassie said...

Go to Sam's Club and get pickles. Serious, they will last you at least a month!!!1

Dan Kettle said...

Im so glad to hear your dad is doing better. Such a scary thing for sure. I cant wait till we all get together. Its been way too long since we've all chilled. Glad your all better. Your a tough girl. one of the toughest i know ha ha You could beat up kristi ha ha

MommaMcCarthy said...

i sooo had a pickle thing when I was pregnant. funny thing is, i don't think i've had one since!

ps stay away from western family brand. they taste funky