Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A look back

I had written these next two blogs after I found out I was pregnant. I dont know if you will find it interesting, but I wanted to have it typed up for my own benefit to remember. So...enjoy!




Oct 27 2008-
I counted up the days that my periods usually start. It turns out it starts every 21 days. It has been 24 days...hmm...I wonder what that means...

October 28th 2008 about 10:00 pm -
Laying in bed before I go to sleep. I realize that my...ahem...boobs...hurt really bad. I said to John "Maybe I should take a pregnancy test?" John just says "OK" and goes back to sleep.

October 29th 2008 12:00pm -
I was craving the Tomato soup from Paradise Bakery. While I am out, I awkwardly look for the pregnancy tests. Where are they?! Dont people know how awkward this is looking for a pregnancy test all by yourself?! Thank heavens for self checkout. The last time I bought one some lady was overly excited and wanted me to come back and tell her if it was positive. No thank you! I spot them. They are behind glass right next to the condoms and nicorette gum. Sheesh! For reals? Do they have to make it this awkward? I finally got the courage up to go ask the pharmacy people for one. As I got closer, I see the glass is slightly opened. Yes! I sneak up, grab one quickly, and walk away.

about 2:00pm -
Positive Pregnancy test

about 2:05pm -
Hyperventilating.

4:45pm -
John arrives home from work.
"Welcome home! Um, I have some good news and some bad news."
John "Uh-Oh"
Me "Well, I had to go to the store today and spend some money, but I had to use my credit card so you will need to pay that off. The good news is, I bought something for you!"
John "What did you buy?"
Me (Pulling out the pregnancy test) "Were pregnant!"
John "Yay! Why didn't you wait for me to take it? Whoa this is so weird"
Me "I know, right?"


October 30 about 9:00 pm
I have been feeling a bit nauseated. I Prayed realllllllly hard I don't get as sick as I did at the beginning of the year again. John gave me a really beautiful blessing to remind me to remember the Lord in everything I do and to have Faith that everything will work out. Everything happens for a reason.

2 comments:

brie said...

i for realsies enjoyed your little journaly entries! i'm SO HAPPY for you. i had a lot of problems when i was prego, but the kind of nausea you experience was not one of them, so i can't exactly relate, but i swear to you that when that tiny little martin is put in your arms you'd do all this sick and horror and pain over and over again if it meant helping your baby. it'll be worth it, i promise!

also, i'm basically like 95% sure a picc line is kind of like a feeding tube so i've decided we should be TBFF's (tube bff's.) what say ye?

I really hope you feel well enough to make it to the xmas reunion on friday. don't feel ashamed, i'll be a reject with a tube too! ;)

xo

Adam and Cassie said...

So true about the pregnancy tests. I hate when they put them in the glass case. I think it's worst when you buy condoms though.