As many of you know, I am pretty much obsessed with celebrity blogs. I read all of them, and if any of you know to ask me if you have any questions about any celebrity out there. One website I frequently visit is PerezHilton.com. This might be a plug for him, but I want it to actually be the opposite. Ever since Proposition 8 passed in California he has been saying and posting some very very hateful things about the Mormon Church. I know that the church says to turn the other cheek, and that is what they are going to do. We are just standing up for what we believe in, just as Perez is. I know people who are not of our faith, cannot understand why we believe what we believe, but does that mean we have to spread hate out there to everyone? I am not sure if Perez knows that people have been trashing our churches or not, but is that suppose to be spreading love and acceptance? I have even read that many churches have come out to support the LDS church and say it is not just them who is against gay marriage. Why single us out? Why are we so horrible for believing what we believe?
The ONE thing I think people should know is that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is not going to change its mind. Everyone has the right of free speech and they can go downtown and protest at the temple all they want, but we are not going to compromise our morals and values for what is popular. I am not writing this to be awe inspiring, either. I am not much of a writer, in case you couldn't tell :)
And by saying that, I am boycotting PerezHilton. Although I have loved going there to get my celebrity gossip fix, it hurts my heart too much to see such hate filled entries about a Church I love so dearly. I don't do it out of hate, but not support someone who is so hate filled. I know most of you probably don't read his blog, but please stay away. He does get paid for every person who clicks on his blog.
Thanks guys!
Merry Christmas 2025
9 months ago
4 comments:
Amen sista! I don't like celeb blogs anyway, but I will be sure to stay away just for you!
I TOTALLY agree with you! And good for you for doing something to take a stand, I know how much Perez mans to you!
Hey Shannon this is Ashlee's friend Lacey from L town... I just saw a picture on her blog of you guys and wanted to tell you that you have SUPER CUTE HAIR!!! I am diggin the bangs... Hope you have a fantastic Thansgiving! Gobble til you Wobble!!!
Thanks I agree whole heartedly however u beleive people should be able to choose for themselves on how they marry myself i am not gay and i am married with three Kids. I think the church is oversteppin g a little telling people how to live there life.
Post a Comment