Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Babysitting


First, off, Shout out to ma Sista Traci and her 21st birthday! Pretty sure she doesnt read my blog so I am not too worried that this is not posted on her actual birthday, but I still feel the need! Traci is the bestest friend and sister any gal like me could ask for! She is so funny, outgoing, CRAZY, and fun to be around! When she came down for her birthday and after she went shopping with her hubby, we both made a Halloween craft. Ok, I made mine while she was gone because I was bored, but thats not the point. Her hubby Brett got ahold of her craft and did one one her O's and we just chuckled to see him do that. I dont have a pic of hers, but here is mine. In case you cant tell, it is sparkely:






Last night I had the pleasure of babysitting my sweet lil niece and nephew. It was kind of strange babysitting again, I literally have not done it since I returned home from being a nanny a couple of years ago. Weird, yet nice! They are both such sweet kids! I adore them to no end! And in a few months there will be a third! (they need to slow down so I can catch up...)

After Casey left, and they had dinner, I took them and Izzy to our neighborhood park to play:



James was so cute! He made friends with (or at least tried to) a little boy who probably was more close to Maddy's age. Then he ran around the park with Izzy's toy above his head so she couldn't get to it:





Afterward we went back and watched a movie. This is the only pic I could get of my nephew, he doesn't like to hold still for very long.




After the move, I cuddled them close and they both fell asleep on me. It wouldn't have been so bad if John hadn't already gone to bed, the remote wasn't under me, and my cell phone wasn't across the room. I couldn't yell for John in fear of waking them up. Sigh...I got out of it eventually and layed them on the couches and let them sleep till their hot parents showed up.

I don't know how often I will get to babysit. My mom loves seeing them just as much, if not more, than I do, so she is designated babysitter. AND I live in China (according to Ashlee), but it was great to have some 1 on 2 time with them. Thanks Casey!

4 comments:

brie said...

"1 on 2 time with them"...?

That's what she said.

Jennifer said...

first of all happy birthday to traci...21.. woot woo!! Your little niece and nephew are just too cute and now a third one on the way...tell casey i said congrats!! Looks like you had a ton on fun with them.

Ash said...

you do live in china.

those little ones are real cute. remember how when james was little he thought i was you? that was funny.

Anonymous said...

Great job..! I too made a Halloween craft.