I have decided to turn this into Shannon's blonde moments blog! Not really, but I have been having so many of them lately, I'm surprised I'm still alive.
Yesterday Kristi convinced me to come play softball for the Bonhams team. I hesitantly said yes (even though I couldn't find my mit...shhh...dont tell my dad) and headed out there.
I got out the 1st 2 times I was up to bat. The third time, I hit it, and booked it as fast as I could! I did NOT want to get out again. Unfortunately, the base is kind of retarded and when I landed on it, I rolled my ankle. OUCH! It hurt way bad. But I was safe! And Cody even got a run out of it! Now that's what I call sacrificing for the team :D Well, I sat out for a little while. The other team even offered me a beer to help me with the pain. Eventually it felt better (after 2 or 3 beers), so I played the last half of the last inning playing catch. We won the game! Woohoo!
My ankle didn't feel very bad after the game. It ached a little bit, but I could still drive and walk. Kristi, Alycia and I even went out to dinner (thanks again Kristi!) I felt fine!
When I got home, that's when the pain started. My whole ankle swelled up and hurt horribly. It hurt so bad, I made John run to the store to get something to wrap it up to help the swelling. When he returned, we bandaged it up and elevated it. Then I decided I needed to use the ladies room. I got up, did my biznatch, and as I went to wash my hands, I slipped and fell right on my butt! My sore foot hit the door and it went slamming shut! After calling for John for a little bit of help, he came in and saw me laughing and crying all at the same time.
Sigh...!
1 comment:
so when i first heard this story, i laughed. really hard. and then reading about it again...i laughed. really hard. i think it was the picture of your wrapped ankle that did me in. welcome to the 'i am special' club. i love you.
Post a Comment