Thursday, May 20, 2010

So much going on, So little time to post

If there is anyone out there still reading my blog, I commend you. Seriously. Posts have been so sparse lately I'm pretty sure I have lost all of you. I guess having a full time job, a full time child, and family and friends keeps me pretty busy! I finally have a free second, and I wanted to jot a few things down about my precious Sophie Kay.

Sophie is currently 10 months old. My how time flies! She is such a little goofball, and seriously so much fun! I swear, she makes me laugh every single day. And not just chuckle, I mean I full on belly laugh at her all of the time.



A few things about her:

1. She has a mullet. I don't know what to do about it. Do I take her to a place to get it cut? Should I try to cut it myself? Oh, that's a scary thought... Also, at times it looks red. Were probably going to have a red head! Ill have to make sure the mullet doesn't come back. That would just be sad.

2. In 1 day she learned to clap her hands and talk on the cell phone. I was watching a show and in 1 scene it showed a crowd of people laughing and clapping. I heard Sophie laugh, and when I looked at her, she was clapping with them! I replayed it thinking it was a fluke, but she did it again! Later on in the day she took my phone from me and held it up to her ear like she was talking on it. She is pretty much a genius.

3. She starting crawling at 9 months. Ya ya, that was a month ago, but I wanted to make sure I wrote it down so I don't forget. She starting pulling herself up on stuff around the same time she started crawling.


4. She is a social butterfly! She loves kids and laughs at them whenever she sees them. Other kids couldn't care less that she is there, but she follows them around nonetheless. Its pretty frigging hilarious.

5. At her 9 month check up she was in the 10% for weight and 25% for height. Which I thought was weird because I was a CHUNK when I was a baby. Guess she didn't get those genes! The Dr said it is low, but she looks perfectly healthy. Maybe we will have a little person as a child? A red headed mullet midget. Nice!

6. She is FINALLY eating solid foods. Sheesh, that girl was stuck to my boobs like a piranha on a cow that fell into the water. I'm still nursing, but now I can feed her peas, pears, spaghetti, and anything else I am eating. Except...

7...Eggs. She is allergic to them. Well, that and milk and peanuts. She breaks out in eczema whenever she eats them. Its been tough for me to cut that stuff out of my diet, since I am still nursing. We saw an allergist a couple of months back, and he told me to slowly incorporate that food back into my diet. I finally started eating eggs baked into stuff, and the poor girl just breaks out every time. So its a good thing she is eating solids now, its been hard to give up my baked goods :)


So that is pretty much it! This little girl makes me so unbelievably happy its ridiculous. She is like my miniature BFF. Right now Im listening to her babble to herself while she is suppose to be napping and it brings a smile to my face. I wouldn't trade being her mom for anything!

4 comments:

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

I really love you for posting. Also-- cut the mullet! Cali's baby had a mullet and I teased her about it, so she cut it herself. Your baby is darling!!!! and I want to see pics of YOU too!

Heather said...

Remember how I have never even seen your child in real life.
Remember how I haven't seen you in probably a year.
Remember how I live maybe 20 minutes from you.
Hmm. Maybe we should change that.

Jeff, Whitney and Kael said...

Hey girly. I love the post. It made me giggle here and there. I love the photos of the little one. She is so freakin cute and i miss her. We really need to get together. We probably would of if you didnt ditch us that one saturday. which i will never forget. I love ya

Shannon said...

So so cute. I love that top picture of her. When I was reading all the things she was allergic to I was thinking "no! she's not supposed to have those things until she's at least 1! Why is your doctor not telling you this?!?" but then I realized that it was through your breastmilk. I was honestly about to call your pediatrician and give him an earfull! ha ha ha. Anyway, I'm glad you're not giving your baby eggs and milk and nuts. :) And I'm glad that you are loving motherhood so much. It really is a special thing and your baby girl is so cute.