Wednesday, June 9, 2010

11 Months today!

My dear Sophie Kay is 11 months today (Im a poet and didnt realize it).

Although 11 months isnt 12 months, I was curious to see how different she will be at 12 months than 11 months. It seems she learns something new every day, and I figured if I write it down, I will get to see how different she will be in a month!

At 11 months, Sophie:

* Can crawl, Pull herself up.
* Babble like nobodies business. Still no actual words though! (sometimes we think she says "Hi Dad!" But, who knows really?)
* FINALLY drinks from a bottle and/or straw. Its SO nice when I know I wont be home that she will actually EAT!
* Loves solid food and will eat whatever I am eating. She doesnt like baby food much, but will eat peaches, pears, prunes and sweet peas.
* She carries around this stuffed frog. She will kiss it and give it loves :)
* She still wakes up in the middle of the night. I have decided to just let her cry it out. Some will hate me for doing that, but I feel its the only way for her to figure out sleep through the night. I will go to her around 5 or 6 to nurse her when she wakes up. But if it s 2 am. Nuh-uh. (I still think 5 or 6 is ridiculous!)
* She thinks Izzy is hilarious! Izzy couldnt care less about her, but Sophie will laugh hysterically at her when she sees her.
* She loves any type of attention.
* She and I are basically BFF. We will just sit there and giggle together. Her 4 teeth just make me so happy, and she is such a happy baby!

Im so thankful to be her Mom! We will see what the next month has in store!

2 comments:

Jeff, Whitney and Kael said...

hey friend. i love the comments about the little one. but why didnt you post some pics? also i would just let her cry. i did that to kael one night and then he never woke up in the middle of the night again. cant wait to chill with you. love ya

Sam said...

She seriously is so cute. It was fun to see her (and you) the other day. And for the record, I'm all for the cry it out method. Worked like a charm on both my kids.

Oh, this is Shannon, not Sam.