Can I just express how much FUN Sophie is now that she is 6 months old? I think I have enjoyed every baby stage so far (for the most part), but now that she is half a year old, she is just so amazing! Here is what she has accomplished so far:
- Her hair is growing in at a rapid rate. Its very light at thin, but its so cute when it sticks up.
- She loves her Mommy :)
- If her binky falls out, she can put it in herself. Granted, sometimes its in backwards, or upside down, or halfway in and out, but it still gets in there somehow!
- She is a babbler! It sounds like "da da da da da da!" and then she will squeal or something. I like to say she is singing when she squeals. I have tried getting it on camera, but of course she doesnt do it when I have it out.
- She laughs and smiles a ton! Anyone who meets her just falls in love with her because she will smile at them, and who doesnt love a happy smiling baby?

- She began sleeping through the night!!! This one is probably my most favorite one of all. I was afraid to say anything in fear that I would jinx it, but after a week strait it seems to be a consistent thing. This morning she slept till 8! Granted, I think I was so use to not getting ANY sleep these last 6 months that my body got use to it. Now that I am able to sleep 8 hours a night, I seem to wake up more tired. Im not complaining though! Im sure my body will get use to this too!

- She still hates food that does not come directly from me. Remember that video that I have on her of her eating rice cereal? That is now in the past. She chokes and gags whenever I give it to her. Same with formula, bananas, and any other food I have attempted to give her. She has proven herself to be as stubborn as her Mom!
- She can roll over! Granted I havent actually SEEN it, but I will put her on her back at night and in the morning she is on her tummy. Every. Single. Night.
She went in for her 6 month check up yesterday. She still has pretty bad Eczema. The Dr said that if it doesnt go away with puttin Ucerin on her twice a day, for her to go see an allergist. Chances are, it is something in my diet that is making her break out. The most common allergies are milk, gluten (breads and such) or eggs. I have already ruled out milk, but I am not sure at the rest. I am hoping that if I keep her all lotioned up it will keep it at bay!
The Dr. also wants me to get an X-ray of her hips. When babies go in for their check-ups, they check their hips to make sure they are growing correctly (or something like that). One of her legs didnt bend as well as the other. He said there is probably nothing wrong, but it is better to catch any problems before 6 months so there are not any problems in the future.
Stats:
Length: 26.6" (75th Percentile)
Weight: 16 lbs (50th Percentile)
Head Circ: 42.5 (50th Percentile)
2 comments:
Thank you for catching me up on your sweet, little Sophie Kay.
The Sullivan family know how to party!
By the way, the blood is gone from my carpet.
I agree with aunt LoLo, the sullivans do know how to party. Oh and I want to know why Corie was bleeding on the carpet?
Again...Sophie is so so cute.
Post a Comment