Thursday, November 12, 2009

4 months old and a Nail Tech

Well guys, 4 months since Sophie has been born has come and gone. Here are some stats:

Age: 4 months
Date: Nov. 9, 2009
Length: 25 1/4" (84th percentile)
Weight: 15 lbs 3 oz (82nd percentile)
Head Circ: 41.5 cm (66th percentile)

Now lets compare that to when she was born:

Date: July 9, 2009
Length: 19" long (Percentile not avail)
Weight: 7 lbs 13 oz (Percentile not avail)
Head Circ: Not avail.

You hear it over and over and over again, but you dont believe it until you see it...but they grow up SO fast! I love my little girl SO much and am so grateful to be her mommy :)


At her 4 month check up, the Dr. said it is ok to give her rice cereal now. I just mix it with some breast milk and she LOVES it. She will even lean toward the spoon to get it faster. Sometimes she get a lil frustrated because it doesnt come fast enough, but Im glad she enjoys it so I can get her ready for real foods in a few months. We got her first bite on video:




She had her first Halloween. She was a sweet little ballerina. I made the skirt for her, and since it was my moms birthday on the 28th, I decided to take a picture of her and frame it. She was NOT having it:


FINALLY she calmed down and I got the most adorable pic:


And then she fell asleep:



On a different note, I started nail school! Pretty sure it is one of the best decisions I have made. I have never been very good at "real" school and never enjoyed any of my classes. I finally have found something that I actually want to and am excited to learn about! Im in my second week. We have learned (so far) Mani's, Pedi's and are starting on sculpting nails currently. Its super fun! The girls are way nice in my class, and it is a good excuse to get out of the house a few times a week. I dont get out much working from home, so its great to be social and see people during the week :). Once I get better ya'll had better come in and get your nails done!!! Friends and family get 1/4 off on their visits, so on top of the already AMAZING deals they give you (were all just learning, for heavens sakes), it is TOTALLY affordable. Ill post when Im actually on the floor and looking for clients.

1 comment:

Annalisa said...

hey there. I love that you are learning to be a nail tech. and your little sophie is too cute...you sew and everything, kind of like super woman, you can do everything. I also wanted to ask you for some info about getting my husband enrolled at university of phoenix online. he thinks he wants to get a degree and we wanted to look into it. I figured who better to talk to. any tips on what to do? I will see you at Crista's wedding, but I thought I would get the ball rolling. I couldn't find your email, so sorry about the long comment. love ya...