Sophie had her blessing a on Oct 11th. It was so sweet and tender. Mine and Johns immediate family came, plus all of my best friends and their spouses. I honestly have the most amazing people in my life and am so grateful they all came to support us an our new family :)
I almost forgot to take a family photo of us that day! I was just about to change her clothes when I remembered. John's mom provided the blessing dress (plus another one) and she also bought me a shirt and cardigan. Needless to say...I didnt wear them, but it was the thought that counts, right?





A few things about Sophie at 3 months:
1. She loves to be held. I know this is typical, but she gets P-I-double-S'ed if she doesnt get attention. She needs to be able to see someone, and if she doesnt, she will scream bloody murder until you are in her line of vision again.
2. She talks up a STORM in her cute little baby talk. You can see a tidbit of it on my previous post, but she talks like that all of the time. Most of the time she has her whole fist in her mouth while talking. She always chokes herself with her hand. I feel bad but laugh every time she does.
3. Still addicted to her binky. (My bad!)
4. When she was born, she never ever spit up. She did once at the hospital, but that was amniotic fluid...but never really had since. She spit up twice this week! It throws me off every time because Im not use to it. Is it normal to not spit up and then all of the sudden do it? I dont get it.
5. She LOVES to smile. If you catch her eye, chances are she will smile at you. She just loves attention. Wonder where she gets that from...?

6. She also loves her dad. Sometimes, She will just cry and cry when I hold her. Then John will grab her and she is just content.
7. She scratches herself a LOT! I try to keep her razor fingernails as short as possible. When she is angry she grabs at her head and just scratches. Kind of crazy if you ask me, but I cant get her to stop!
8. She is a HORRIBLE sleeper. I dont know what it is, but she will not nap longer than an hour usually, and wont sleep longer than 3 hours at night. I know I just need to be patient...she is just 3 months after all, but does anyone have suggestions? Im not afraid to ask for help!
Im sure there is more I wanted to tell ya'll but I will leave it at that. Enjoy!
(does anyone else have difficulty ending their blog? I never know what to say...)
3 comments:
My little man never spit up at first, either. But gradually he did and sometimes I felt like he spit up sooo much that I was worried he couldn't possibly still have anything left in his stomach. But he always acted totally fine.
As for the sleep issue... You gotta let her learn to fall asleep by herself. So try try try to put her in bed awake and let her go to sleep without you nursing or bouncing or whatever. I didn't want to make my little guy "cry it out" but finally by 10 months, i had had enough of waking up 4 or 5 times a night and we made him cry himself to sleep every time he woke up. It was HORRRIBLE!!!!! for a week. Now, he doesn't cry at all when I put him down and he actually takes naps that are longer than 1 hour! Before that, he NEVER slept more than 40 minutes at a time, and even that was pretty long. You might try reading "The Baby Whisperer" or "On Becoming BabyWise".
Sorry for the novel-comment. I'm passionate about the sleep thing.
I obviously haven't had the chance to actually try any of these yet but I just finished the book "Happiest Baby on the Block" from the library. It had 5 techniques called the 5 "S"s...
Swaddling
Sucking
Swinging
Shushing
dang it.. what was the last one..oh wells..
:)
Anyways, do you swaddler REALLY tight in a blanket so her arms can't flail around? And I've heard of parents buying "white noise" machines so it's not just the still quiet since they are so used to all the noises of your body and people talking, etc...
I'd be way curious if you read that book and tried the ideas before I have to :) Want to be my guinea pig? :)
Shan Im telling dixine that you guys are returning those clothes ha ha Nah it was so neat to be there for such a special day.
Post a Comment