The last few weeks have been super busy. I went on a lil mini vacay with some good friends to Las Vegas March 13-17th! That was such good times. The weather was perfect, I didnt get sick, and John didnt lose too much money!
When we got there Friday night we ate at Chili's. I know, I know, so original. But we were hungry! And you dont want to be around me when I am hungry. Im cranky.

The next day, we got up and got ready for the day. Poor Nick was getting a wicked bad cold and was not feeling too great. Luckily, there were some priesthood holders nearby! Cheri, Adam, Marci and Paul met us at our hotel and gave poor Nick a sweet blessing (Paul and Adam...Not Marci and Cheri. Just had to clear that up). How random to be giving a blessing in Vegas! But it was awesome and a nice lil experience for everyone involved. Here are some pics of Kari and I waiting while the rest of the group arrived!

By the pool!

Pulling my Michael Jackson


Feeding each other grapes on the balcony. Isnt that what you do on the balcony?
We then headed out to Primm. The exciting folks wanted to go on the awesome Roller Coaster at Buffalo Bills. I was so jealous!!! Being a preggo, I couldnt go on it, but I could imagine the good times that were had! I think my favorite part was when my hair (ok ok ok, I wear extensions) go caught on my purse and fell to the ground. Kari was right behind me, and when I went to pick it up she screamed and jumped 10 miles high because she thought it was a snake! HA!
While they went on the Roller Coaster, John snuck away and went to the craps table. When the roller coaster goodness was over...the boys got a lil involved:


After we dragged them away from the smoke filled casino (I tried to stay away from as much second hand smoke as possible), we headed to the outlet malls. I think my favorite part was seeing Cheri in her wheelchair because of her poor widdle blistered feet:

John got himself a nice hat and sunglasses. It ended up being called his "Craps Hat". He thought it would bring him luck. I also found myself some sunglasses. Heaven knows I cant keep sunglasses very long, they end up broken, so I had to find some inexpensive ones:


That night we ended up back at Freemont Street. We did the usual people watching and saw the lights in the sky:

We sat around for awhile awaiting someones name to be called in a Raffle. Paul and Nick both had names in. It was sooooo exciting:


I got a pretty cool picture of the craps table the boys played at. I got in trouble for having a camera at the table (party poopers), but it was worth it. Cheri and Kari were having a nice lil chat in the meantime:



The gals and I got tired and decided to just chill in the room while awaiting for the boys to get it out of their system:

I took my hair down while waiting :)

Did we know Marci was this flexible? I didnt!

Cher is so blasted cute :)
The next day was our pool day! We got a delightful pizza from the restaurant at the pool and enjoyed some really nice weather! These pictures from the pool are probably my most favorite pictures of all time. I love them!








Earlier in the day we went to one of those "high pressure" time share things. We wanted to get free tickets to a show that night so we went through it, and I gotta say, I didnt hate it. I learned a lot about time shares I never knew before. All I know is you need Kari there when you got a salesman up your butt. She definitely keeps those sales people on their toes!
The show was really cool. Small, but cool. We didnt get any pictures of the show, they didnt allow cameras in, but here is us waiting in line:

Afterward, because we were starving, we made our way to the CHEESECAKE FACTORY! I know its not as exciting now that we have one here in SLC, but you gotta admit, their food and cheesecake are to DIE for. It was a very entertaining dinner. From Nicks "pointing" skills, to john eating butter and then drinking a concoction Kari made for him while he was gone..it was good awesome!



Kari buttering with her spoon. She didnt know she had a knife. I had to show her.

Nicks pointin skills
The next day was the "Strip" Day. We went downtown and went to the M&M and Coca-Cola factory. Lets just the they both left something to be desired :). We had a late lunch and headed to the Bellagio Shops. We ended up getting some delightful Gellato. SO GOOD! Nick got the Lemon Sorbet...holy sour batman!




Afterward we headed to the Venetian to go on a Gondola Ride! It was oh so magical. I wish we had a different man giving us the ride. The one I wanted had the most amazing Opretic voice! It was still a good experience (right guys?)




Kari was so sleepy. I had to hold her while she slept.
It is also an ideal place to get pictures taken. Here are some fun ones we got while chillin:




24 weeks exactly!
All in all it was so fun!! Nick won some big bucks (Craps is where its at, peeps) and I gained a lot of weight. How could it get any better than that? I would call that pretty successful :) I would go back anytime if anyone is up for it! A big shout-out to Shastalee for watching Izzy while we were gone! It was SO appreciated!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just a quick update on my Dad! He is doing so well! I think to him he probably thinks it is taking forever to heal, but I think after about 10 surgeries (I seriously lost count) he is doing famously! He had one last surgery a couple of weeks ago and it seems that that has done the trick, so far! The cut him open, dug out the nasty bacteria that was on his bone and then put antibacterial beads in his bone. Kinda gross if you ask me, but if it works...great! So far so good. I appreciate all of the prayers and concerns we have gotten the last couple of months. If its not too much trouble, keep those prayers coming! He still has a bit of recovery to do.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And last but not least, update on baby girl fetus!! I had my Dr. Appt yesterday and everything is going along swimmingly! I have gained an appropriate amount of weight, My stomach size is right where it is suppose to be, and there is still a heartbeat! Its fun feeling her roll around my stomach and seeing her kick from the outside. I try to let everyone feel it if they want to, its an awesome feeling. As long as youre not sick, you can touch the belly! The weirdest is when she kicks my bladder. Such a strange sensation! And although I feel very large and in charge these days, Im actually quite proud of my body. It is probably the best I have felt about it in a long time! So, to share that fact with you, here is an actual picture of my belly! Im large and proud, dangit!
3 comments:
oh vegas...we all had a great time, huh? oh wait! we didn't go! ugh! i'm angry with myself. stupid trying to be responsible. from now on i choose to be a teenager again and not care about life. anyone with me?!
What an eventual couple of weeks! Vegas looks like it was a hoot... and I love the belly picture! You are for sure a very cute pregnant girl!
Looks like you had a blast in Vegas. Your belly is so dang cute!
Post a Comment