Thursday, June 19, 2008

EUREEKA!

I am a proud mommy today.

It has taken awhile, but I think we have finally potty trained Izzy. It was a frustrating experience at first, but after many tears, sweat and lots of yelling, she finally got it!

We taught her the "ring the bell" method. At first, she was a little wary, but after a ton of treats she finally understood what we were trying to say. Today, as I sat here in my home office... I heard the bell ring! I am in our office...and the bell is in the kitchen! I got up ran to her and yelled "Potty! Potty!" and she went outside and peed. I am so proud.

Here is a pic of the bell contraption John came up with. She was afraid of it when it was hooked to the door, but since my hubby is a genius, he found a better solution...a tripod!





Look how proud she is of herself


UPDATE: She just did it again! Dang, worlds smartest dog, people!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Hey fart head! That's right, I'm not afraid to call you what you really are. Anywho... congrats on the housebreaking, it's tough for sure. I love the bell idea though.

I'm thinking of coming back for the 4th, we should play.