Friday, June 13, 2008

Change

I went to say goodbye to Kristi today. I have seen her go through this process and it has been hard on her. Looking for a family, deciding on a family, and now the actual leaving part. I know this is so hard for her and for her loved ones (including me...who am I going to post-it note?!) but having experienced a similar...experience...? I know this will be soooo good for her. I just pray she gets a more friendly family and gets more time off to go visit all of the places I didn't get to see! I do believe it is not goodbye though...its just "see ya later!"

After saying goodbye, I couldn't help reflect on all of the changes that have happened within the last year...even the last six months! Within my family and friends, so much has happened, its amazing we all survived! All of the changes include, but are not limited to:

-John and I getting married!

-My sister getting married. Then moving to Wyoming!

-My Niece turning 1 and my nephew turning 3! How weird is that?

-Cheri graduating from that hell of a degree...English! (still so proud of her)

-Getting pregnant

-Not being pregnant anymore

-Sweet little Abbie being born!

-Kristi moving to the other side of the country

-Getting a new position at work/starting to work from home

-Decided to buy a house and watching it being built!

-Getting my sweet puppy Izzy. She really is my child!


Although change is hard, I have discovered I thrive on it! It helps each of us grow and learn new things. We all get in ruts sometimes, but as soon as I make a change (dramatic or not) things seem to perk up! And although not all change is fun and wonderful, you truly to become a better person because of it. I wouldn't be who I am today if it weren't for the things I have done, or the people I have met because of it. As long as it is something that you feel is right for you, Heavenly Father will be there to help you along the way. Can you believe the year is half over? Who knows what the next 6 months will bring!

3 comments:

Kristine Elaine said...

Shannon you are so cute...I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hey shan...this is your cousin Annalisa. I loved your post on change! You are such a sweet girl and it has been wonderful seeing you get married, and become such a beautiful woman. Love your guts.

Cher said...

Ain't it the truth sista! i love you!