We left Thursday as soon as John was off work. We literally had to leave right after, I was worried we would hit rush hour. It worked out nicely!
 |
| Sophie kill me lately with the faces she makes in pictures! |
My sister, Traci, let us all stay at her house Thursday night in St. George. (my Mom, Dad and brother Mike) and then we caravanned to AZ!
 |
| Sunny has a 4 wheeler and the kids love riding in it! She is seriously so funny! She is so tiny but can do the biggest things!) |
 |
| Soph chillin at her Aunt Traci's |
The ride to AZ was a looooong drive. We took one exit, one that was supposed to be the fastest way. Mike missed that exit, and took the way that adds an extra hour. I was feeling bad...when all of the sudden, in the middle of nowhere, we stopped. Dead stop on the highway. It was so frustrating. The only think thing that got me from dying of boredom, was the "license plate game". You know, where you try to find all 50 states? It then became my goal the entire trip to find them all! I know, Im so exciting! Anyway, we were at a dead stop on the highway for, like, an hour. It felt like a scene from a movie. John decided to get out to see how far the line was, but there was no way to find it. Turns out, it was backed up for 6 miles. There was a pretty bad accident where 3 people died. Apparently a car tried to pass a semi (it was a 2 lane highway), decided it couldn't make it, slowed down, bounced off of the semi, spun around, and hit another car head on. So, so sad. It actually made me paranoid about accidents the whole trip...I mean, it can happen to anyone!
 |
| My "I have no patience to wait in the middle of nowhere and oh ya I have to pee" face |
 |
| Obviously you can't see how far the line is, but there was no end in site! |
This blog got a little depressing...
Anyway! We got to Arizona AFTER Mike and the rest of my fam, but its ok. It was a joyous reunion! Casey and Jamie's house is nice and big for their family, with a fun pool in the backyard. Sophie was in heaven with her cousin Roxy! They are BFF's and get a long so well. They were inseparable! They even had a sleepover, where I am pretty sure they didn't sleep at all. They both caught colds too, but its ok, we had fun!
Casey cooked us a delish steak dinner. Seriously, it was so yummy, and the kids swam in the pool while the parents chatted.
 |
| Andy and I still think its funny we are related. We went through Jr. High and High School together, and now we have the same nieces and nephews |
 |
| Their pool was so fun! |
When the night was over, we headed over to the Bigler's (John's sister) house, where they let us spend the night. It was so great to see them! We stayed up chatting with Michelle till 1 am. She is a wonderful person and Im so glad she is my sister!
The next morning was General Conference, but I totally wasn't able to listen because Maddie's baptism was at 11:30, so I had to get all 4 of us ready. From what I heard it was good!
 |
| Beautiful Madeline in her baptism dress |
 |
| Jamie, Maddie, Casey |
We headed over to the stake center, which was right across the street. Maddie looked so cute all dressed in white! I felt the spirit so strong. She is one of the sweetest girls I have ever met. Im very lucky to be her aunt!
We headed over to the Sullivan's after and had a yummy luncheon. Casey had reserved a Cabana at his Country Club (fancy...) for 3:00. I gotta say...I would not be above being a part of a country club. It had an amazing pool for kids, slides, and I was able to get a margarita (virgin, of course) by the pool. It was so great spending time with my siblings, parents, and nieces and nephews. We are truly blessed!
 |
| My hot sister |
 |
| John and I were right at home! |
 |
| Traci, Mike, Jamie |
 |
| The whole fam-damily! |
 |
| Cute kids swimming:Maddie, Sunny, Tucker, Jonny |
 |
| Jonny and Tucker. It is blurry because Tucker was not. having. it. |
 |
| Jonny wasn't having it either |
 |
| John and I enjoying our Margarita and Pina Colada! |
 |
| Jonny kept stealing my drink |
 |
| Cute Tucker hanging in the Cabana |
 |
| Sophie, Roxy and Jack drinking lemonade |
That night, Traci, my Mom and I went to Target. That is always a good time, shopping with them! When we got back, we helped stuff eggs for the easter egg hunt in the morning.
 |
| Me, Jamie and Andy stuffing eggs |
Sophie asked of she could spend the night, and so she did, and we took Jonny back to Michelle's. He fell right to sleep after a long fun day!
The next morning was Easter! It was weird not having Sophie with us. But lets be honest, I knew she would have great memories looking for her Easter basket with her cousins. And she did! John, Jonny and I went over after we did Easter morning with the Bigler's. The Easter Bunny was very generous! Michelle made an AMAZING Easter breakfast. Seriously so delish! We had a great time!
 |
| Im assuming this is right before the egg hunt. Sunny, Sophie, Jack, Maddie James and Roxy |
 |
| All of the cousins, minus Jonny |
 |
| Riding in Casey's new truck to the pool! |
Afterward we went back to the Sullivan's so we could spend a couple of hours together before everyone left. The next thing we know, my mom was in the pool! If you know my mom at all, she hates swimming. She has a fear of water. I guess Casey dared her to get in, so she did! Well, this made all of the kids jealous, so we decided to let them have one more swim before we left. It was fun!
 |
| Mike and I |
 |
| Playing Dominoes |
After everyone was dry and dressed, we said our goodbye's. Mike, Traci, and my Mom and Dad headed back to St. George. Shortly after they left, we said goodbye to Casey and Jamie and went back to the Bigler's. They were kind enough to invite us to their family Easter party where they had yummy food and had an egg hunt! Jonny looooved finding the empty eggs! It was hilarious when he found out there was actually candy in them! Oh he is at such a fun age!
 |
| Find an egg... |
 |
| ...and put it in the basket |
 |
| Sophie gets it! |
 |
| Cute girl! |
Once that ended, we decided to get on the road to Cali!
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment