Wednesday, April 29, 2015

#martinspringbreak Part 3

Ok guys, last installment. I really wish it was faster to load pictures. Either way, enjoy the last part of our trip!

When we were at Costco, I got a couple of cute outfits, so I had them wear them that day and then took some pics (we will call them their Easter outfits)




The next day we ventured to Legoland again. This time, the water park! Honestly? I didn't think it would be fun. The weather was just "meh". It was good weather for theme parks, but not necessarily swimming.  I got everyone ready, but didn't get fully prepared to swim. When we arrived, the man at the front convinced us to rent a Cabana. It was a little more money, but Im so glad we did! We had a spot to put our things, and a place to get out of the cool breeze. Plus it came with 10 free drinks, 2 free towels and a free beach bag! (I use the term "free" loosely...). It turned out to be a great day! We mainly hung out at the smaller portion of the pools. We didn't go on any big slides, but the kids had a lot of fun! We stayed until the water park was almost closed.





Afterward we spent the rest of the time going on rides and taking pics until Legoland closed entirely!








The last Friday we were there, we went swimming in the morning. I tried to teach Soph how to swim, and she was starting to get the hang of it! Not quite there, but getting close! Later,  John really wanted his favorite Hawaiian food from there (Aloha BBQ, I think was the name. See? I told you we like to eat!) We drive to NewPort so he could get it, but both of the kids cried the entire time. Sophie had had it. She had a cold most of the week, but she woke up with a fever. We took our leftovers and spent the rest of the day at the hotel.


At one point, Jonny got so cray hyper from being locked up in the hotel, that I took him out to the hall to let him run around. He literally ran the entire time! We went up the elevator, looked around, grabbed a cookie, then went back down again the run the halls. That evening we rented a movie on iTunes and spent the night just hanging out. I took advantage of the gym, and got a little workout in. (I was able to work out a couple of times. Which is probably good because I gained 6 lbs on our trip! Not, like, water weight, or the kind you lose when you get back. 6 solid pounds, right to the belly. Its all good though! The food was worth it :)

Saturday morning we packed up and headed home. We knew the kids wouldn't make the the 9 hours, so we stopped in St. George again to stay at the Pendleton's for the night. Its always great seeing my sister! She really is one of the best people I have ever known. I love her and her family!

We got up Sunday, played for a bit, then headed home!

It was a very long, very tiring, but very fun trip! We were able to create some great memories with our extended, and also small immediate family.

On to the next adventure!


1 comment:

Heather said...

such a cute fam! What a big fun trip. It's good to see some pics of your sully fam too. It's been so long since I've seen everyone. ps you skinny girl. love you! miss you! come visit VA (you used to live here ya know)