For as long as I can remember I have had bangs. Big bangs, little bangs, everywhere a bang bang (that's what she said). And ever since I have had bangs, I have been so overly and totally anal about them. Perhaps its the fact that I was so unfortunate looking as a child, it was the only thing I had to hide my face (or my insanely huge forehead..seriously guys, its huge!), but I have always been so weird about them.
I had, of course, when I was young, those HUGE bangs our moms gave us back in the 80's/early 90's. The ones where you part your bangs, and fluff up the top, then the bottom, then spray an entire bottle of hairspray on them to keep them as fluffy (and see-through) as possible. I highly doubt I cared back then about my bangs, but I wonder if it was the fruitful beginnings of my anal nature I have today. I have also had the biotch bangs, the sweepy bangs (which I sport to this day and am so grateful they have stayed in style for so long), even the no bangs look. The last one was never my favorite, but bangs were just not very stylish for awhile.
There are a couple reasons for this insanity:

#1. As I said before, I have an insanely huge forehead. Anyone who has seen it agrees. Its almost a reseeding hairline for women. Unfortunate, but true. Pretty sure my mom has the same forehead, and she hates it too, which is probably where I get the paranoia about it. I have always needed to cover up my large head.

#2. I have naturally curly hair. Now, don't think this is a plus. A lot of people say "oh, I wish I had curly hair because then I would be able to do more stuff with it". No. You. Don't. Trust me! Curly hair is the downward spiral to bad bad nasty hair. I'm sure there are those lucky SOB's out there who have these beautiful ringlets that dry naturally pretty after they get our of the shower/pool...but no...not me. I have this frizzy poodle on my head anytime it gets wet. When they get wet, its not a good day for Shannon. When it rains, I have been known to only cover up my bangs (and only my bangs) with my purse because it is the only thing saving the way I look that day.

I have gotten better lately. Maybe its because I am married and I work from home so I really don't care what I look like during the day, but I have recently just pinned them back or even just pulled all of my hair back into a pony-tail. Its not ideal for my poor head, but it gets the job done.
This blog seems trivial, even as I write it, but know if you see me looking in the mirror, combing my bangs with my fingers (Or even fork)you know its because of those vial things, the bangs!
4 comments:
My sweet Shanny, I have the same dillema these days, ever since I cut the bangs, I now must have them. And the naturally curly hair that isn't really curly...I've got that too. We should be friends...oh wait. :)
Hi Shannon, Bangs are never trivial. They can cause a woman more frustration than almost anything else. To grow or not to grow, that is the never ending question. Hope all is well with you! :)
I like how this blog has pictures of me on it.....
i have an even HUGER forehead than urs. urs really isnt that bad at all.
ive had bangs for forever also, the sideswept ones. but they're annoying cuz i have to have em perfect and in a perfect position or else my huge forehead will show. it takes about a million years each morning to do em too. ugh.
Post a Comment