Monday, August 25, 2014

Kindergarten

Sophie started kindergarten today!

She had her evaluation last Thursday, to see where she was at. She is assigned to Ms. Mower and goes every morning from 8:45 to 11:40.

We got her all ready in her new school clothes, did her hair, ate breakfast, and then we all walked her to school. Its about a 15 minute walk, uphill, to school. It was a good way to wake us all up! She played on the play ground for a few minutes, and then when the first bell rang they all lined up to their classes. The teachers even had "red carpet" (paper) for them to walk in on! They left a basket of tissues and a cute little poem about how they will take good care of our children. When the second bell rang, the teachers came in to lead them into class. I saw Sophie look around for me an yell "Bye, Mom!" I made sure she saw me and yelled back "Bye, Soph!" and that was it!

She is my little baby no more, but will forever be my little girl. I love her more than words can express. Its funny how milestones like that can make a mom cry. Its hard to imagine it until it happens. Sophie is so smart, funny, charismatic, friendly, etc. I know she will love her school time these next 13+ years (whoa).

Afterward we dropped Jonny off at the babysitters while Sophie is at school. He will have another 2 year old to play with. When he dropped us off we said our goodbyes and ye yelled "night night!" and then started crying when he saw us walk away. Dont worry, the tears stopped as soon as he realized he had a trampoline to play on.

Jonny turns 2 on Friday. My babies are growing and I love them so!!








No comments: