Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Happy half birthday little boy!

Jonny-boy turned 6 months, and he is such a joy! A few things about him...

STATS:
Weight: 20 lbs 7 oz (90%)
Length: 28 in (90%)
Head: 45 cm (75%)

**He us our chunk! As you can see, he is in the 90th for both height and weight. He is like a squished sausage in his 3-6 month clothes, so I had to go buy 6-9 month clothes and jammies. It is such a difference from Sophie! She can still fit in the bumbo, while his thighs are just too chunky for it. (Sophie at 6 months Weight: 16 lbs (50th Percentile) Length: 26.6" (75th Percentile))

**He is sleeping through the night! He will wake up every now and again needing his binky, but he will go back to sleep once he has it. We still swaddle him, he has a hard time being free. He has to use HUGE blankets to get him all wrapped up though. I think once he is unswaddled and can put his binky in himself he will sleep even better.

**He can sit up all by himself. He hates laying down now that he can do this. He still will lose his balance a few times, but he is getting better and stronger every day!

**He is enjoying solid food! I figured he was ready when he tried to grab my fork and eat the food on it :)
He has tried rice cereal, bananas, squash and carrots. He has loved them all!

**He thinks his sister is hilarious and just smiles and giggles at her. It makes me laugh to see how much he loves her. Sophie loves him too, and is slowly learning to gently play with him.

**He has found his voice and will screech and scream and babble all day. I love his little voice!

**He is a drooling machine! People ask if he is teething, and I don't think he is. He has been drooling for a few months now, and there are no other signs of teeth! He will soak through any outfit I put on him, so he has to have bibs to keep himself dry.

**He hasnt rolled over yet. He just isnt interested. He hates being on his stomach and will scream and scream until you pick him up. When he is on his back, he just wants to sit up. He can sit on his hands and knees and you can tell he wants to move. I think he will be happier once he can crawl around. I have a feeling we are going to have a wild child on our hands!

**He is genuinely a happy baby. His smile just lights up his whole face (as you can see in the pic above). It is my goal to make him smile and giggle every day, which isnt hard. He only cries when he is hungry, tired or poopy. Right now he is just chilling with his dad on the LoveSac.

He is such a joy and I am loving being his mommy. Love you lil buddy!

2 comments:

Cher said...

He is seriously so darn cute!

Heather said...

that kid is cute. i love that Sophie can fit in the bumbo, but he can't haha.