Monday, July 12, 2010

Its Party Time!

On Saturday I threw a small birthday party for Sophie. I contemplated not even throwing a party, cause lets be honest, its really for the parents, not for the kid. I just couldnt let her 1st birthday go by without doing something for her. It turned out pretty well!

I wanted to have some sort of theme. Im enjoying the fact that she is young enough she is not obsessed with anything Disney or whatever, so I chose Ladybugs. I was going to do a frog theme, but the frog decor they had at Zurchers was pretty frightening:



These are much more cute:



Birthday girl!
 
Posted by Picasa





We ate some yummy food:




Opened some fun presents!
 
Posted by Picasa




Poor James wanted to open them SO bad...Only kid who is cute when he is angry:
 
Posted by Picasa



Ate some delicious cupcakes grandma made. The poor things melted slightly in the car, and looked almost like ladybug ghosts:
 
Posted by Picasa



We then sang happy birthday to her! We gave her her own cupcake to eat, but she only ate the frosting. I tried puting the cake in her mouth, but she would just spit it out.
 
Posted by Picasa



Sweet Roxiey feeding Sophie:
 
Posted by Picasa




Family and Friends!
 
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jeff, Whitney and Kael said...

thanks for inviting your friend... haha i wouldnt of been able to come anyways because i just got back from a 15 day vacation to hawaii. i miss you and we need to do something asap. I need some playdates in my life. I cant believe she is one and she is getting so big. looks like you guys had a blast.

Cher said...

hey shan! thank you for letting us share soph's special day! she's so dang cute! however, i may have to ban you from taking pictures of me... ever....ever...again. with that fancy camera of yours i expect to look amazing in pictures... not like... well...

Annalisa said...

cute party...i love those cupcakes...good job!!! sophie is such a cute girl...when I finally have a child would you be terribly upset if I called her Sofia...?? Love the name! love you.

Heather said...

You definitely should've gone with the frog decor.
I'm glad I got to see your child before she turned one (although we cut it pretty close).
Also I can't believe how much James looks like Casey. Its crazy.
Oh and I miss you already.

Cher said...

Getting ready to go to bed and was thinking about how your niece stole all of sophie's birthday toys! buahahaha. good times!